Flavors of South India
Take second helpings of this delectable menu of South Indian cuisine.
What will I learn in this class?
Prepare and sample from a six-course lunch full of South Indian favorites. Menu items are subject to change due to availability of ingredients. Please inform the instructor of any dietary restrictions.
- Masala dosa: crepes made with fermented lentil and rice batter
- Vegetable sambar: lentil and vegetable curry
- Potato and Onion masala: potato, onion and curry stuffing for dosa crepes.
- Coconut or tomato chutney
- Dal vada: crispy lentil fritters
- Mixed vegetable and lentil raita: seasoned with mustard seeds and lentils
- Payasam: rice pudding
- Masala chai or masala chaas: spiced yogurt drink
Who teaches this class?
A certified teacher, nutritionist and culinary consultant, Hema Parekh is the author of several cookbooks, including “The Asian Vegan Kitchen” and “The South Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.” Over her career, she has cooked for visiting heads of state and royalty.
- Oct 14
- Nearest station: Ebisu Station
- ¥8,000 (materials fee: ¥1,200)
- Cancellation deadline: Oct 6
- By registering, Members accept the inherent risks in activities where social distancing requirements cannot be followed, and they agree not to hold the Club liable in the case of injury, illness or contraction of COVID-19 during these activities.